It’s never too early to think about buying maternity clothes. Don’t make the mistake of skimping on maternity clothing. It’s true that you have to save your funds for all the things you need to welcome a new baby—but there is also real value in ensuring your comfort through the right pieces of clothing during all stages of your pregnancy. While there are really no hard and fast rules when it comes to buying maternity clothes, it pays knowing what to expect when you are in the market for a maternity pant and other sought-after mom-to-be fashions. With all the changes a woman’s body has to go through in order to accommodate a developing child inside the womb, no one can tell you that you can’t look and feel good in the process.
The question remains: When should you start buying maternity clothes? There is no exact answer because no two women experience pregnancy in exactly the same way.
While “it depends on you” may seem like an easy tap-out answer, it really is the best way to put maternity clothing (both shopping and actual wearing) in perspective. Ask around your circle of mom friends and they will likely tell you that they started wearing their first pregnancy pant for women and other maternity clothes at very different stages of their pregnancy.
That said, there are ways to determine when YOU should at least start looking for good pieces. Here are some telltale signs that it’s time to let your regular clothes rest and buy some proper pregnancy attire:
- If you find yourself having to undo the top button of your pants—and not because of a hearty meal—then it’s high time to start looking for a good maternity pant with belly support. These types of maternity bottoms can better accommodate your baby bump and make you feel more comfortable.
- You feel bloated and your tight clothes are adding to the discomfort.
- Your bump is peaking out the bottom of your shirts.
- You are more comfortable in spandex.
- Your button downs can no longer be buttoned down.